KIDS ARTS-THE CHILDREN'S CIRCUS OF MIDDLETOWN
CHILDREN’S CIRCUS OF MIDDLETOWN 2022!
To connect with Oddfellows Playhouse and their youth programs, visit their website at oddfellows.org
KIDS ARTS continues to demonstrate the City’s commitment to the next generation of creators, local artists and organizations. Presented by Oddfellows Playhouse Youth Theater, this 5-week interdisciplinary full-day program culminates in a spectacular circus performance presented to families, friends and community members.
Registration for city residents opens on March 4, 2022 for the 34rd annual Children’s Circus of Middletown. The Children’s Circus is a unique blend of traditional summer camp with an immersive arts performance-based enrichment program, serving kid’s age 5 – 15 yrs. Circus provides kids with 5 weeks of stilting, unicycling, rolling globe, ladders, acrobatics, juggling, large-scale puppetry, clowning and physical comedy. The City of Middletown, in collaboration with Oddfellows Playhouse, is in full planning mode to ensure that all participants are engaging in a safe and fun summer program.
The Children’s Circus program is held Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., beginning Tuesday, July 5th – Friday, August 5th 2022 at Macdonough Elementary School. A live performance will be held on Friday, August 5th with a rain date of Saturday, August 6, 2022. (NO DAY PROGRAM FRIDAY, AUGUST 5th) Space is made available to city residents on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration opens on April 1st, 2022 for nonresidents.
Serving kids ages 5-15 yrs.
• Teeny Tiny Troupe: ages 5-7 yrs. (must be 5 by July 8th, 2022) Please note, Teeny Tiny Troupe has reached its enrollment capacity.
• Core Circus Troupe: entering grade 3 (in fall of 2022) or age 8yrs., and up to age 15yrs.Please note, Core Troupe has reached its enrollment capacity.
Forms and General Info
- Kids Arts Participant Guide (open link) Please read the participant guide prior to submitting a registration form.
- Aftercare is available from 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. for Circus participants at Spencer School. Aftercare is provided by Recreation Division. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and visit this link to register for aftercare with the Recreation Division.
- Authorization for the Administration of Medication Form (open link)
- General Info for the Authorization of Medication (open link)
New Hire Counselor Forms
All forms are to be filled out completly and delivered to the Arts & Culture Office, Room B-11, Municipal Bldg., 245 Dekoven Drive.