January 6, 2021
For Immediate Release
Contact: Public Works Acting Director Christopher Holden, 860-638-4850
MIDDLETOWN DECLARES PARKING BAN
AND DELAYED OPENINGS
In anticipation of the snow storm, Mayor Ben Florsheim is declaring a parking ban effective at 12 AM (Midnight), Friday, January 7, 2022. The City of Middletown (City) parking ban requires that you remove your vehicle(s) from all City streets. In the event you need alternative, off-street parking, during the length of the parking ban, you may park in the following municipal parking lots without charge/fee:
- Melilli Plaza Lot (250 Spaces)
- Broad Street/Kidcity Lot (100 Spaces)
- Broad Street/Russell Library Lot (30 Spaces)
- Kings Avenue Lot (20 Spaces)
- Dingwall Drive Lot (90 Spaces)---Entry from DeKoven Drive to Dingwall Drive
All vehicles parked on City streets must be removed by 12 AM or run the risk of being ticketed for $205.00 per violation and/or towed by the Middletown Parking Department or Middletown Police Department at the owner’s expense.
- If your vehicle is ticketed during any parking ban you should make payment to the Middletown Parking Department, in person, at City Hall M-F 8:30AM to 4:30 PM, by phone at (860)-638-4920 or by internet by visiting www.MiddletownCT.gov.
- If, your vehicle is ticketed and towed, then you may claim your vehicle by contacting the Middletown Police Department directly at 860-638-4000. In the event your vehicle(s) is/are towed, your full payments for the total ticketed parking violation ($205) and the associated tow charges must be paid first, to the Middletown Police Department, before your vehicle can be released.
The City asks for everyone’s cooperation and understanding as we provide for the safety, well-being and snow removal operations for all of Middletown and its citizens.
Additionally, in light of forecasted snowfall and in an effort to keep the roads clear during the worst hours of the storm, Middletown city buildings (including City Hall, Senior and Community Center, and Water and Sewer Department) will open at 11:30 am tomorrow, Friday, January 7. All essential city services will continue as our workforce mobilizes to respond to the storm. Please stay safe and avoid non-essential travel.