Zoning Enforcement

Zoning Violations

When a zoning violation occurs, our department can exercise the power of zoning enforcement to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Middletown.

Most land use disputes, however, are not in fact zoning violations, but "matters" between neighbors. In such cases, please understand that the city has no standing with which to intervene.

Zoning Enforcement Officer

The Zoning Enforcement Officer (ZEO) uses the following resources, along with appropriate state and federal regulations, to make determinations on violations and issues brought before the ZEO:

Frequent Inquiries

The following are frequent inquiries to our office, and our normal procedures for dealing with them.

Zoning Violation Form

To report any Zoning Violation in the City of Middletown, call 860-638-4840 or fill out the form online.