Scavenger Hunt Locations
Russell Library, Hubbard Room, 123 Broad St.
Home Base. Get your passport, visit vendors, go to story hour, bring items for recycling.
Middlesex Chamber of Commerce - 393 Main Street, upstairs in the MUSE.
Artis Energy – local contractor approved by Energize CT, who will discuss Small Business Energy Advantage, a no-cost, no-obligation energy assessment (audit) of your small business’s facility and then manages the installation of the energy-saving improvements they recommend.
CT Green Bank – will review incentives for small businesses interested in energy retrofits, solar, financing, and energy storage solutions.
Pedal Power, 359 Main Street
- Bicycle commuting information
Perk on Main, 386 Main Street
- Enjoy a free cookie and learn about Perk's efforts to reduce waste and be more sustainable
King Pong, 90 Court St, Suite 200
- Play a little ping pong and check out a real working heat pump at this small business in Middletown!
Union Green, Old Church Street
Electric School Bus – come check out Middletown’s electric school bus! No diesel exhaust for your kids to inhale!
Electric Vehicles – curious about electric vehicles? Come talk to real owners of EVs and ask as many questions as you want. Organized by the EV Club of CT.
Cinder + Salt, 195 Main Street, Where Style Meets Sustainability!
- Accepts shipping pouches, food wrappers, plastic bottle caps, CD/DVDs & gift cards for recycling.
- Sidewalk chalk activity for kids! And adults!
Reboot Eco, 131 River Road, Zero Waste Refill Store
- Fill up a reusable hand sanitizer container to take home!
Middletown Compost Bin Garden, 131 River Road
- Uconn Master Composters available to demonstrate composting in different types of compost bins. Turn the compost and check out the worms in a worm bin!
Forest City Farms, 1100 River Road
- Visit an organic farm right here in Middletown!
- Get a free herb or strawberry plant!
- Enter a raffle for $50 gift card to the farm!
Wild WES: West College Courtyard (55 Mt. Vernon Street)
Grow gardens, not lawns! WILDWes is an entirely student-run acre-large permaculture site that focuses on rethinking what landscaping could look like. It features native fruiting trees, bushes, herbs, and flowers, and is officially part of the Middletown Pollinator Pathway!
Kids activity: flower and leaf pressing
- Science Center Construction Site: Church Street (look for the crane!) (185 Church Street)
- Learn about how Wesleyan is making their new buildings more sustainable! From the heating and cooling mechanisms, to the hot water system and landscaping, hear about the practices Wesleyan is using to ensure that it is constructing buildings that are as energy efficient as possible. This stop will also include information about solar panels and other solar projects on Wesleyan’s campus.
Long Lane Farm: 243 Long Lane
Come explore Wesleyan’s student run farm where students grow produce for Wesleyan University and the Middletown community. Learn about their organic growing practices and other farming techniques!
Kids activity: rock painting!
Wes Thrift: 284 High Street
Visit Wesleyan’s free student run thrift store, open to Middletown residents for the first time! Browse second hand clothes, shoes and accessories in the basement of the College of the Environment.
Located in the basement, enter through the back following the signs on the north side of the building.