- You are here:
- Departments G - P
- Land Use
- Pending Applications
- Connecticut Siting Council Applications
Connecticut Siting Council Applications
About the Siting Council
The Connecticut Siting Council was first established as the Power Facility Evaluation Council in 1972 following the passage of the Public Utility Environmental Standards Act. In 1981, it became known as the Connecticut Siting Council with the passage of PA 81-369, which expanded the Council’s original jurisdiction over the siting of power facilities and transmission lines to include hazardous waste facilities. The Council’s jurisdiction has since been extended to include various other forms of infrastructure including telecommunications sites.
The Council is responsible for:
- balancing the need for adequate and reliable public utility services at the lowest reasonable cost to consumers with the need to protect the environment and ecology of the state and to minimize damage to scenic, historic, and recreational values;
- providing environmental standards for the location, design, construction, and operation of public utility facilities that are at least as stringent as federal environmental standards and that are sufficient to assure the welfare and protection of the people of Connecticut;
- encouraging research to develop new and improved methods of generating, storing, and transmitting electricity and fuel and of transmitting and receiving television and telecommunications signals with minimal damage to the environment;
- promoting the sharing of telecommunications towers in order to avoid their unnecessary proliferation; and
- requiring annual forecasts of the demand for electricity together with the planning for facilities needed to supply the predicted demand.
For up-to-date information, please consult with the Connecticut Siting Council's webpage. Pending matters of the Siting Council can be found here "Pending Matters".
EM-T-MOBILE-083-210112 – T-Mobile notice of intent to modify an existing telecommunications facility located at 1987 (a/k/a 1969) Saybrook Road, Middletown, Connecticut. (DOCUMENT)
EBI Project #6121002237 - AT&T Mobility LLC, telecommunication facility installation at 499 Mile Lane, Middletown, CT 06457 (DOCUMENT)