Temporary Outdoor Dining/Retail Permit
The City of Middletown is committed to help our small business community rebound from COVID-19. As part of that commitment and in association with Governor Ned Lamont’s May 12, 2020 Executive Order 7MM, the City of Middletown is permitting "Temporary Outdoor Dining/Retail Activities"
The application process for a Temporary Outdoor Dining/Retail Permit (TODRP) will be expedited so that applicants can prepare for their re-opening.
The process is as follows:
- Applications can be printed and mailed into the Department of Planning, Conservation and Development or done electronically via the link below.
- Applicants will be required to supply a brief narrative of the activity and the outdoor area that describes the space, hours of operation, staffing locations, parking locations and all safety protocols put in place to protect the public health and safety of customers.
- Applications will be reviewed by various City department to ensure public health and safety.
- Applications will be approved by Zoning Enforcement staff once all questions and concerns are addressed.
- Application determination will be completed in no more than 10 days.
- Site inspection may be required for verification.
- Enforcement will be conducted on as needed basis.
Please review the following information prior to submitting an application.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for the PDF Application. Once complete, attach all supplemental materials as requested per the "Temporary Outdoor Dining/Retail Permit Policy" and Application and submit to the Department of Planning, Conservation and Development.
Submitting Paper applications can be done by mail or by email.
By Mail: Department of Planning, Conservation and Development, 245 DeKoven Drive, Middletown, CT 06457
By Email: Attach application and supplemental materials to an email and send to OutdoorActivity@middletownct.gov
To apply online, click on the link below, fill out all appropriate information, electronically sign the form, attach all required materials and then hit "submit". Your application will be processed within 10 days. If additional information is required, staff will contact you.
Questions can be sent to: OutdoorActivity@middletownct.gov or call 860-638-4840 for more information.